The Data Governance Professionals Organization (DGPO) is a non-profit, vendor neutral association comprised of business, IT and data professionals dedicated to advancing the discipline of data governance. The DGPO is pleased to announce that submissions are invited for the 2020 Annual DGPO Data Governance Best Practices Award.
Submission Deadline February 28, 2020.
The award is given to practitioners within a customer organization, corporation or government agency in recognition of an outstanding data governance program. Sorry, software vendors and consulting companies who provide consulting services, tools, or other software products are not eligible. For those vendors, this means the entire corporate entity, not just a division, is ineligible.
Submissions will be judged on their response to the following:
• Business need(s) being addressed
• Approach used to design, develop and implement the program
• Scope and depth of the Data Governance Program as well as program longevity
• Data governance defined roles and responsibilities
• Communications and marketing approaches
• Policies, procedures and processes established
• Program metrics and business value provided
AWARD PROPOSAL GUIDELINES AND CONDITIONS
• Submissions are due by February 28, 2020. Only one nomination per organization
• Submissions must be made in PowerPoint, no more than 10 slides
• All submissions become the property of the Data Governance Professionals Organization and may be used in part or full for promotional and/or educational purposes
• We will honor specific confidentiality requests and refrain from making certain information public, however confidential information must be specifically identified and limited to no more than 20% of the overall submission
• There will be no deadline extensions given to submitting organizations
• The winning organization agrees to deliver a webinar for the DGPO Case Studies Webinar Series
• A representative of the nominee organization must be available for a telephone interview with the judges, if necessary
• Finalists will be notified by April 1, 2020. The winner will be announced in May 2020 and the award will be formally presented at the 2020 Annual Data Governance and Information Quality Conference in San Diego. The winner will be invited to present a case study of their data governance program. One person from the winner organization will receive 4-nights hotel stay at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa and economy airfare up to $1,000 USD from their hometown to San Diego.
Nominee Information: Provide the full corporate name, address, telephone, email and Web address for the organization being nominated for the Best Practice Award entry. Make sure to include the Individual(s) at the nominee organization who is to be contacted regarding the nomination and/or submission (include name, title, telephone, e-mail). This should be the person who will respond to questions and be interviewed by the judges if chosen as a finalist. You may also provide an alternate contact if you wish.
Please provide a statement that acknowledges your acceptance of the Submission Conditions as outlined above
You do not need to be a member of the DGPO to submit an entry.
Please submit your nomination to email@example.com.
Judges for this year’s award are:
Anne Buff, Envolve Health, Former DGPO Board Member
Barbara Deemer, DGPO Charter Member
Michele Koch, Navient, VP Professional Development, DGPO
John Ladley, Sonrai Solutions, DGPO Advisor
David Loshin, Knowledge Integrity, DGPO Advisor
Kevin Shannon, VP Communications, DGPO
Janet Lichtenberger, Walgreens Boot Alliance, DGPO Member
Sal Passariello, Accenture, Treasurer, DGPO
Cynthia Parsons, DGPO Member and Winner of the 2019 Best Practice Award
Questions may be directed to Davida Berger, President, DGPO at (561) 910-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org