Call for Submissions
2024 DGPO Data Governance Best Practice Award
Deadline is March 1, 2024
The Data Governance Professionals Organization (DGPO) is a non-profit, vendor neutral association comprised of business, IT and data professionals dedicated to advancing the discipline of data governance.
The DGPO is pleased to announce that submissions are invited for the 2024 Annual DGPO Data Governance Best Practice Award.
Submission Deadline is Friday, March 1, 2024. Only one nomination per organization.
The award is given to practitioners within a customer organization, corporation or government agency in recognition of an outstanding data governance program. Sorry, software vendors and consulting companies who provide consulting services, tools, or other software products are not eligible. For those vendors, this means the entire corporate entity, not just a division, is ineligible.
Submissions will be judged on their response to the following:
- Business need(s) being addressed
- Approach used to design, develop and implement the program
- Scope and depth of the Data Governance Program as well as program longevity
- Data Governance defined roles and responsibilities
- Communications and marketing approaches
- Policies, procedures and processes established
- Program metrics and business value provided
- New for 2024: extra points for program creativity, innovation, relevance, adaptability, and readiness to manage challenges brought about by evolving business priorities/societal practices, enhanced regulation/legal concerns (eg. security, privacy), and/or rapid pace of technological advancements (eg. GenAI).
AWARD PROPOSAL GUIDELINES AND CONDITIONS
- Submissions are due by Friday, March 1, 2024. Only one nomination per organization
- Submissions must be made in PowerPoint, no more than 10 slides
- All submissions become the property of the Data Governance Professionals Organization and may be used in part or full for promotional and/or educational purposes
- We will honor specific confidentiality requests and refrain from making certain information public, however confidential information must be specifically identified and limited to no more than 20% of the overall submission
- There will be no deadline extensions given to submitting organizations
- The winning organization agrees to deliver a webinar for the DGPO Case Studies Webinar Series
- A representative of the nominee organization must be available for a telephone interview with the judges, if necessary
- Finalists will be notified by April 2024 and the award will be formally presented at the 2024 Data Governance and Information Quality Conference in San Diego in June 2024. The winner will be invited to present a case study of their data governance program. One person from the winner organization will receive 4-nights hotel stay at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa and economy airfare up to $1,000 USD from their hometown to San Diego.
Provide the full corporate name, address, telephone, email and Web address for the organization being nominated for the Best Practice Award entry. Make sure to include the Individual(s) at the nominee organization who is to be contacted regarding the nomination and/or submission (include name, title, telephone, e-mail). This should be the person who will respond to questions and be interviewed by the judges if chosen as a finalist. You may also provide an alternate contact if you wish.
Please provide a statement that acknowledges your acceptance of the Submission Conditions as outlined above.
You do not need to be a member of the DGPO to submit an entry.
Please submit your nomination to [email protected]
The Panel of Judges is comprised of prior years’ DGPO Data Governance Best Practice Award Winners, industry experts, and current/past DGPO Board Members.
Questions may be directed to Kira Chuchom, President, DGPO at [email protected]